Wednesday, June 24, 2009

100 Thrusters


A picture is worth a thousand words. Above is Jess, Alex and I after taking on the CrossFit Football WOD. These WODs are no joke, especially in the form of strength and endurance combined. This workout pushed me mentally as much as it pushed me physically today. At my 50th thruster I wanted to set the barbell down and say "NEXT." However, that is where the beauty of working out in a team setting is so powerful. Each of us kept on pushing and did not quit. 35 minutes later I was done with my 100 thrusters and who knows how many burpees. I can guarantee I did at least 100. We all were covered in black from the mats, sweaty from head to toe, but felt stronger and more empowered than ever.

-------------------------

WOD:

On the minute: Complete 5 burpees and perform max rep 135 lbs thrusters on the minute. The goal is to complete 100 total thrusters.

*At the beginning of every minute perform 5 burpees, for the rest of the minute perform as many thrusters as you can during that minute. At the beginning of the next minute perform 5 burpees and then max rep thrusters and so on until you reach 100 total thrusters.


2 comments:

  1. I love you girls... without you i don't know what would have happened:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Smokes Megan Jess & Alex. The next UT linebackers. What weight did yall use?

    ReplyDelete