Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Attitude of the Mind

(pic above: Deep Eddy 5:30AM Tu/Th)

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind." -- William James (1842 - 1910)

I am realizing more and more each week the power of my mind and thoughts. I am sure each of you have the heard the following anecdotal sayings in one form or another. "You are who you run with; You are what you eat; If you think it, you will eventually be it; You snooze, you lose." Each one has some form of truth just like the quote above.

Each day I must decide to decide to make it happen; flee from mediocrity; heed corrective criticism; step out of my comfort zone; believe in myself and all that God has given me; and trust that I am not given more than I can handle. I indeed have days where I feel I cannot measure up as a sister, friend, coach, and athlete; however, I know I must take those thoughts captive immediately and "alter the attitude of my mind." My mind is powerful and amazing, and I will strive to only entertain thoughts that carry me to my goals.

What thoughts do you take captive????



No comments:

Post a Comment