Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shaving off minutes...




Michelle is one of my 6:30AM Tu/Th Deep Eddy Relentless boot campers. She is amazing, and "relentless" could not be a better word to describe this athlete. This past weekend she participated in Reach the Beach 2009. Basically, 200 miles in 24 hours…from Cannon Mountain, NH to Hampton Beach, NH. It was a 12 person relay/3 legs each. No sleep, lots of hills, adrenaline and fun!

Michelle's legs:

1st leg 5.6 miles 43 min at 430pm

2nd leg 7.39 miles 1 hr 07 min at 230AM

3rd leg 4.08 miles 34 min at 130pm

Michelle's recap...

I have seen amazing strides in my running since joining CrossFit…this weekend was proof! I felt quicker and stronger than ever! My overall average min per mile is a minute or more faster. I am able to tackle hills with ease, have less upper body strain and quicker recovery time! I have always been a long distance type person…slow and steady was my motto – I have run marathons, half marathons, completed 2 Ironman distance triathlons, multiple half ironman distance triathlons and raced long distance x-c skiing and always felt good about my accomplishments. I have always been active and athletic. CrossFit however is taking me to a new level….I am discovering new muscles, increased mental and physical strength and an over sense of well being and confidence that is hard to define in words …except I FEEL GREAT! And I am now for the first time actually looking forward to doing a shorter running race 5k or 10k to see how FAST I can go! Not that being fast is my goal…challenging myself to new levels is my goal…being fit, happy and healthy are my goals ….going faster and being stronger is a perk! Thanks Megan….Thanks CrossFit!



No comments:

Post a Comment