Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chinese Proverb

Dick Nichols 6:00PM Tu/Th Relentless boot camp

If one has determination, then things will get done. -- Chinese Proverb

I could not have said it better myself. The other day in Relentless Boot Camp at Lake Pointe I said, "Excuses are like butt holes; everyone has one." I admit probably not the most tactful statement that has ever come out of my mouth, but it goes hand in hand with the Chinese Proverb above. Determination is a quality everyone possesses; however, it is how we use that determination to produce results, not quit, keep moving, and remove excuses.

This past year has been a test of my determination physically, mentally, and professionally. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would be a full-time coach at CrossFit Central and pursuing my dream career, I probably would have looked at you and said, "I can only wish..." Here it is a year later and I am living the dream, but what is even more amazing is my determination has honestly just now kicked in full speed.

I think I would add one more word to the Chinese Proverb--passion. Determination and passion lead to getting things done.

What do you want to get done in 2010? Start mapping out your goals now!

No comments:

Post a Comment