Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Give Back


We all know I am a huge Texas Tech fan. I am very fired up for the Alamo Bowl January 2nd. Wreck'em!! My Nannie sent me the email below that was posted on Raider Power, Texas Tech's college paper.

I was at the men's polo (Dillard's) yesterday in Lubbock and saw a great selfless act. A man and his wife were checking out, and when he turned around to leave, he noticed a young serviceman behind him ready to check out. The couple went out of their way to welcome him back. He told him that he was only there for a couple of days. Turns out, his grandfather had just passed away and he was home for the funeral. He confessed that he had no clothes and that was why he was at the mall. The man took the clothes from his hands and proceeded to pay for them when the soldier pleaded that he 'didn't have to do that.' The man turned around and said 'Just like you didn't have to defend my freedom. This is my pleasure, son.' The soldier was really grateful, and the sales associate was in tears.

I just thought this story needed to be shared. There really are truly good people in this world, and in Lubbock, TX. =)

Take a moment today and realize how blessed and lucky you are to have the freedom to be a part of a fitness community. Give back this year. Help a child this Christmas and donate a pair of athletic shoes to CrossFit Central's 2nd Annual Holiday Tennis Shoe Drive.


No comments:

Post a Comment