Monday, December 28, 2009

Walk by faith and not by sight


"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice; it's not a thing to be waited for, it's a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryan

Webster dictionary defines destiny as:
- something to which a person or thing is destined: Fortune
- a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency

The quote above by Jennings and Webster's definition contradict each other, which I find quite amusing. I am in favor of the quote. I will not sit around and wait for things to happen, hoping everything falls into place, crossing my fingers that I reach my goals. No way. My mindset is proactive and not reactive.

2009 was a growing year for me. Career change. New friends. Relentless attitude to be financially free. Previous friendships abruptly ended. New house. New outlook about body image. Leaps of faith. Walking forward blindly and not looking back. Stomping out fear.

I have an overwhelming sense of peace about this year. I know without a doubt there will be challenges, but I am so passionate and excited about my future that nothing will get in my way. I could not agree more with Jeremy's mantra for this year--set the captives free. My heart's desire is to empower everyone I come in contact with to be the best they can be. Freeing people from bondage, sadness, depression, etc...

My mantra is walk by faith and not by sight.

I started doing this more the past 3 months, and it has made a huge impact in my life personally and financially. Watch out 2010. Showout Meg is full speed ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment