Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trigger Point Certified


This past Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the RE-GEN class with Cassidy Phillips of Trigger Point Performance. It was a great yet extremely painful day of learning biomechanics, posture, hydration, muscular elasticity, and, of course, the basic guidelines of teaching Trigger Point performance therapy.

A couple of important things I learned...
1) A deep breath creates oxygen, which in turn enhances blood flow to the muscles, and together those provide greater elasticity.

2) Cassidy straight-up told me my muscle fascia is beyond tight and compacted. He says, "Your muscles may look nice, but in 10 years lets hope you can walk." Eek. It was something along those lines. Regardless, it got my attention asap!

3) I stand with my hands on my hips and all my weight on one side ALL THE TIME. I was called out about my stance the entire day. Quite entertaining. You would think after a dozen times I would get it right =)

4) Hydration is key, and not just from water. Get some Rehydrate.

4) TRIGGER POINT WORKS. I already knew this because of prior use, but now I truly understand the art of these products. I saw my muscles loosen up (aka: become more elastic) as the day progressed.

I am challenging myself to Trigger Point at least 3x a week. Call me out and make sure I am doing this consistently. Feel free to contact me and learn how to use these products properly. The website also has a ton of great information.

No comments:

Post a Comment