Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Daily Grind

Lyssa, Me, and Lisa---ShowoutBaller athletes at CFC who are achieving goals daily!!

Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit. - Conrad Hilton

It is 19 days into the new year and some people have already given up on their goals due to a slip-up, lack of motivation, no action, etc... This quote hit me hard today. I am my own worst critic. I take it personally if everyone I am working with directly is not succeeding whether it be my clients or coaching peers. I am an extremely motivated and driven individual, and it is really hard for me to connect with others who do not think in this same capacity.

However, today I was reminded that it is the daily steps, mistakes, vigor, and action that lead to achievement. I cannot control everyone's actions; each person is responsible for their own destiny. My Dad used to say to me, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink." Stop talking and MAKE IT HAPPEN!!! Make mistakes and do not ever give up. Everyone's dreams are at their fingertips. It is the daily grind.

I am fired up now...3, 2, 1 GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. You are strong, successful, and an amazing influence on people! Keep on movin', you rock! (and hot pic if I do say so myself ...)

    ReplyDelete