Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fat vs. Muscle


One of my 6:30AM Tu/Th Deep Eddy Relentless boot campers forwarded me this picture yesterday. Like people say---a picture is worth a thousand words. I will never forget the 1st time I saw and touched these 2 examples in a health class at Baylor. Ugh. I wanted to gag.

The bottom line is do not worry yourself with the numbers on the scale, but focus on % body fat and inches loss. A pound is a pound; however, they clearLLLLLLy look completely different underneath the skin. A pound of muscle can burn anywhere from 30-50 calories a day at rest; however, a pound of fat will burn around 3 calories. Do the math. Focus on getting stronger, leaner, and eating more nutritiously. Join a Relentless Boot Camp, CrossFit Central class, or get a personal trainer. We are here to educate and motivate.

Who is going to stop weighing themselves now?

No comments:

Post a Comment