Sunday, January 3, 2010

Upside Down on Rings


"When you have the enthusiasm and the passion, you end up figuring how to excel." - Deena Kastor, Olympic Marathoner

I like to think of myself as enthusiastic. At times I may be a bit over the top, loud, crazy, or simply a showout. However, I still find it fitting to say I have enthusiasm =). I believe my enthusiasm and passion is what powered me through 2009, and I cannot even wait to see where it will take me in 2010.

Just the same, Alexis, one of my personal training clients, used her enthusiasm for CrossFit and her passion for health and fitness to get into the best shape of her life. Alexis has gone from working out for weight loss to now CrossFitting for strength, performance, and energy. She's gone from performing basic CrossFit movements to now doing tricks on the rings. One day we took the last part of training and practiced back levers, planks, and inverted planks.

Do not let fear or failure prevent you from embracing your enthusiastic-nature and passion deep down inside to reach your goals. Walk by faith and not by sight in 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment