Thursday, February 4, 2010

2C, 3P, 5F


The more I talk to clients about nutritious eating (Paleo) and portion control (aka: Zone blocks), the more I begin to realize the misconception of how many vegetables a person can/needs to eat to only equal 2 blocks of carbohydrates. The picture above is my dinner from Tuesday night. The plate is HUGE and filled with tons of veggies, healthy fats, and protein. It included the following:
- spinach leaf lettuce & purple onion (these 2 together made 1 carb block, possibly a little less)
- zucchini (1 carb block, which is 1 1/3 cups cooked)
- chicken sausage (3 blocks protein because 3oz)
- 10 kalamata olives (2 blocks of fat)
- 3 TB of avocado (3 blocks of fat)

I challenge you to educate yourself on the Zone when it comes to vegetables. You can eat so many delicious combinations. After dinner I felt completely satisfied, not too full, and able to power through the rest of my evenings work.



No comments:

Post a Comment