Monday, February 8, 2010

Good to Great

Team Holla Back Girls

Team Showout

"The reward for work well done is the opportunity to do more." - Jonas Salk

I was thoroughly impressed with all the teams that competed in the benchmark workout for the Relentless Adventure Challenge on Saturday. Everyone quickly identified their strengths and weaknesses as the workout unfolded. Each of the teams I am coaching have emailed me their goal time for the workout at the end of the 7 weeks. I love their tenacity and motivation; they were proud of how well they did; however, definitely see the opportunity to kick some major butt in 7 weeks.

I really like this quote above by Salk. I am currently reading Good to Great and this quote goes hand in hand with what Collins teaches. Each week I am tackling more and more of my goals and it is easy to sit back for a moment and pat myself on the back and say "Job well done, Showout." Which I do =). However, I was reminded today there is always opportunity to do more. Why be ok with just being good and think that is reward enough. Why not strive for GREATNESS???

My goal over these next 7 weeks is to coach my clients to be more than just Good--we are striving for Greatness in all capacities!

No comments:

Post a Comment