Thursday, February 18, 2010

Success is contagious...


I remember hearing "success breeds success" from my Dad growing up. Success is contagious. Surrounding yourself with like-minded people challenges you, but also strengthens you to reach goals that once seemed unimaginable. I know this is true for a fact, because I experience it daily. I am surrounded by driven, focused, encouraging, motivated, goal-oriented coaches. I have too much pride in myself and CrossFit Central to not take my job serious and demand more of myself daily as a professional and from my clients. To reiterate this example in Relentless Boot Camp, read the success story below from Tim who is in the 6:30AM Tu/Th Deep Eddy class.

First of all, let me say that I can’t give Megan enough props on the work she has done for me personally and for our boot camp. I originally signed up, reluctantly, to boot camp with my friend, Mike, and in the beginning was truly not committed. My lack of commitment to the program resulted in lackluster improvements. Megan did not lose faith and continued to be positive and encouraging. After the New Year, I had a renewed desire to get in shape not only for myself but also for my family. This time I stuck to the program and followed Megan’s advice both in training and my diet. In a matter of 6 weeks, I lost over 14 lbs and feel stronger and healthier. I also utilized the boot camp training as my primary regime for preparation of the Austin Half Marathon (which is the best run race in the country – go Michelle!). I beat my goal by 15 minutes and was completely injury free before, during, and after the race. A sincere THANK YOU to CrossFit and Megan.

Stay tuned for before/after pictures. Tim and Mike are both competing in the Relentless Adventure Challenge on Team Showout. Achieving goals daily!!



No comments:

Post a Comment