Thursday, February 25, 2010

Encouraged by my clients...

The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection, but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure.

Jane in my 8:30AM MWF Lake Pointe boot camp emailed over this Nike commercial yesterday. Each day I am more and more encouraged by my clients. They are not simply showing up 2 or 3 days a week to class. They are motivating each other through out the week via email and phone calls; emailing out races, tri's, and other fun athletic events in the city to compete; knocking out 1000 pushups a month even though the Strength by Body Weight challenge for January is over; and setting up additional workouts together to take it to the next level.

The commercial was exactly what I needed at that moment. I preach balance, balance, balance to my clients on a daily basis, and watching this video made me look at life in a bigger picture. Everyday is not perfect; however, how I perceive what is happening to me at that very moment makes all the difference in the world. How do you overcome adversity and failure? Do you throw your hands up at one mistake and say I am done, or do you take the high road, learn from it, pick yourself and move forward? This applies to EVERY part of life--not just CrossFit.

Strive to be more than just good. BE GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment