Monday, August 23, 2010

The Daily Things

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome. -Arthur Ashe

I got a new roommate about a month ago...my best friend, Whitney. The other day she was rummaging through a box in her room and came across the picture above of myself (left-side). She came in my room dying laughing and clearLLLLy I joined in after seeing the picture. WOW!

Whit and I became friends when I first moved to Austin in September 2007, and we joined CrossFit Central at the same time in June 2008. Here it is 2 years and 2 months later and I have kept off the 30+ lbs and 10% body fat I lost and still continue to see changes in my appearance. I posted this picture as proof that consistent hard work pays off. I see many individuals get caught up in quick fixes or only stay focused during an 8-week challenge. The moment there is not a coach on them 24/7 about working out and nutrition, individuals tend to fall short.

I share this with you as encouragement. Stay the course. Remember...no one gained weight over night. It takes time to lose weight and inches. The ultimate satisfaction is when you see the end result and all the strength, confidence, and beauty that comes along with it. Balance is key. Rid yourself of the all-or-nothing attitude. It is the baby steps day in and day out that lead to the ultimate goal.

I am here to help you continue the journey...


No comments:

Post a Comment