Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kayak Kraziness



Yesterday Coach Heather Reed and I went kayaking with the CrossFit Kids Summer Camp. We were with rambunctious boys for 2 hours. We ended the trip with a race to the dock. Heather and I came in a close 2nd but one of the campers won due to his fun "cut-us-off" tactics =).

The other day I read this paragraph and it really hit home...

It's easy to get caught up in ALL of the things you need to do to run a successful business. Always remember the reason you became a trainer in the first place. This business is about helping people- giving them the confidence and tools they need to make their lives better. We hold people accountable when they are not able to do that for themselves. I cannot think of a more important job!

Those 2 hours yesterday were precious to me. I am guilty of getting caught up in the Go-Go mentality 24/7 and only thinking of myself, what I need to get done each day, and only "my" clients. Yesterday I was reminded of one of the many reasons I became a coach at CrossFit Central. Less of me and more of others and life starts to make sense. I am blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment