Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Purpose Statement

My 5:30am Tu/Th Deep Eddy Relentless boot campers

Less than 2 weeks ago Dave King spent 2 hours on a Friday afternoon with all the CrossFit Central coaches. In a matter of no time he was challenging us to take a good look at ourselves and define what is our purpose. I know my mantra for 2010 is walk by faith and not by sight; however, my purpose statement...this really got me thinking. Why do I get up every day and stay to the grind? Why do I keep on keeping on when the going gets tough? Why am I excited about what I do? Am I driven by own selfish desires, or does my ambitious nature move me from mediocre, to good, to great?

I wholeheartedly admit I tow a fine line between ambition vs. selfishness. It is so easy to intertwine the two and think you are simply trudging forward after your dreams. Over the past 8 months I have been so focused on my own goals and simply called it my ambitious nature. After a second look at myself I saw I was being selfish in specific areas of my life and not allowing the good things in life to take course.

Jeremy asked each of us coaches to write out our purpose statement. In my head I knew what my purpose was for my life but putting it on paper took everything to a whole new level. I challenge you to do the same.

My Purpose Statement:

Instilling in others to forget the past and look forward to what lies ahead. To use fitness as a tool to empower men, women, & kids to reach any physical, emotional, financial goal they set their mind to. To be an approachable, real-life example to women who feel they are stuck. To be a woman who exemplifies fitness, happiness, hard work, & fun and understands where you are but believes even more in where you can go.

No comments:

Post a Comment