Monday, August 16, 2010

Mad Respect for Mom's!

I train Melodee 2x/week at her house. She is a mother of two young girls; hence, her hands are full all the time. After last week, I had a new found respect for her and all stay-at-home mom's. WOW! You all never get a break. It is a constant giving of yourself and putting your own desires to the side. The picture above is Melodee with her 2 daughters. In order to keep them entertained during a workout last Thursday, she pushed them in the stroller during her hill sprints. I have the utmost respect for her. She gets 1 hour, 2x/week to workout with me, and she still has her girls right around the entire time. No alone time. Still being a mom even in the midst of an intense workout.

I know for me, personally, my workout time is precious. I love having that time to do my thing, train hard, responsibilities put on hold, and just bust ass. Last week I realized how even more grateful I am for this chapter in my life. It is easy to get caught up in always wanting more, more, more and thinking I am supposed to be "there." I am thankful for where I am and where I am going all in perfect timing. A big hoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLer to all the Mom's out there who sacrifice daily for their kids. You women amaze me!


No comments:

Post a Comment