Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sleep...

(workout crew after our CrossFit WOD)

Sleep. I realized this weekend I was seriously sleep deprived. My brother, sisters, and I went home to see our parents for Easter. Every time I go home my body literally slows down and I can fully relax. I am not sure why this happens--maybe it's the comfort of home; maybe it's because I know no one so I can just chill; or maybe I finally slow down and my body says "SLEEP!" All I know is both Friday and Saturday night I slept well over 10 hours each night and in the world of Showout Meg this is a lot since I typically get about 5 1/2 -6 hours of sleep. It was great and just what I needed. When you feel you are not recovering from workouts, then get to bed earlier. Sleep is a sure-fire way to get your body functioning more efficiently and speed up recovery.

A big shout out to my dad. He did 2 CrossFit workouts this weekend. What a great way to bond as a family. On Saturday my brother, 2 sisters, dad, and myself went to the high school weight room and set up some boxes and dumbells and put ourselves through the following workout:

50 box jumps
50 lunges
10 renegade rows
40 box jumps
40 lunges
10 renegade rows
....30, 30, 10; 20, 20, 10

Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment