Saturday, August 22, 2009

Olympic Lifts


Thursday afternoon Dutch Lowy spent 2 hours with the coaches of CrossFit Central and we worked on technique for the snatch, clean, and jerk. Olympic weight lifting is an art. There are so many intricate details to complete a lift but it's a master piece when completed. What a great afternoon. I even got to wear Dutch's weight lifting shoes to get the full effect. I know one thing that was for sure--my shins were all bruised up after the session.

I am encouraged to see where I am today compared to last year regarding olympic lifts. I'll never forget the first time I performed a snatch; I felt so awkward and clearLLLLLLLLLLLLLy was performing the lift incorrectly. Of course it is a constant work in progress, but be encouraged to know that consistency and practice will bring on results and even better-- PRs.

Never fret to ask a coach to help you with your lifts. That is what we are here for and what we love to do.

Practice...practice...practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment