Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I control my destiny...

Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.-- Helen Keller

I remember days when I would dread team meetings at work. The thought would make me cringe. I would get in a bad mood, start complaining, and begin listing in my head all the reasons I was about to waste an hour of my life. Now let's fast forward. I attend a "business" meeting weekly at CrossFit Central. Jeremy begins the meeting by reminding each of us that we are in control of our destiny. This reminder is not a foreign concept to me. I have heard it many of times before; however, what makes it so unique today was the setting. A "business" meeting. A meeting where we discuss logistics, but also are pushed outside of our comfort zone and asked to be more--To step up to the plate. To get over myself. To make it happen. I don't know about you, but that is absolutely not a meeting I am used to attending.

It's as if a light bulb goes off. I almost get teary eyed because I am overwhelmed with drive, compassion, motivation, and determination to reach my goals, to impact the world through the vehicle CrossFit Central has provided, to take ownership of my current situation, and improve myself daily. I smile at the realization that I work with a team of people that not only want to take fitness to a whole new level in Austin but want to change lives all across the world.

I AM BLESSED.

2 comments:

  1. Although I miss you terribly, I am happy that you are loving life and that you are truly happy =)

    ReplyDelete