Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fight for Air

Partner in CrimeBFF! Me: 4:50. Whit: 5:32. 672 steps. 31st floor of the Frost Bank building and the future site of our birthday party next year!

CrossFit Climbers

This morning myself and a group of clients at CrossFit Central teamed up and competed in the Fight for Air Climb. We were Team CrossFit Climbers. This was my first stair climb race, and it went really well. Nothing like 700 steps and a good booty workout to get my morning going. I know I say it time and time again, but CrossFit definitely prepares you for all kinds of athletic events.

I got 3rd overall and 2nd place in my age group (age 20-29)---I'm assuming some young 21-year old beat me. Lol! Jess got 1st in her age group and our entire team kicked some butt. CrossFit Climbers came in 2nd place overall.

Our team was lined up behind firemen in full uniform with some wearing oxygen masks. This is my second athletic event this year that I competed in for a bigger cause than just me. When I take me out of the picture and remember why I am competing, it makes the event that much more enjoyable and humbling. I am blessed with healthy lungs and legs--all the more reason for me to race for a good cause. The end result was was awesome too! A total of $100,000 raised for Lung Cancer and a top finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment