Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Play on Words

Success as I see it, is a result, not a goal. - Gustave Flaubert

When this quote came up on by Blackberry today I had to read it about 5x before it really stuck and made sense to me. I am a huge advocate of goal setting. I strongly believe if you do not write out goals and take action, then it's just a dream. Achieving goals equals success in my world.

However... The play with words on this quote reminded me how consistently doing the little things day in and day out leads to success. For example, following up with client emails; working out consistently; addressing my weaknesses; mentoring others; programming new events; etc---the result at the end of the day is success in all capacities. In other words, mapping out my goals allows me to see the end result--->success.

I am coaching 11 clients in the Trojan Challenge. Each of them wrote out 3-5 goals that they want to achieve over the next 7 weeks. Team Crush It--what are the little things you must do daily to produce results allowing you to achieve your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment