Tuesday, May 25, 2010

FOCUS


If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results. -Jack Dixon

We are in week 3 of the Trojan Challenge and Team Crush It is making huge strides forward with daily changes in their life. Pictured above are 5 of the 11 athletes I am coaching over the 7 weeks. Each of them showed up to UTB this past Saturday for a workout and then met afterward to complete a Trojan kettlebell workout as a team. A few others are meeting on the weekends to complete a long run or the weekly endurance WOD. Norma and Jaz (not pictured) are focused on getting stronger. Today they both performed multiple kettlebell snatches with their 9kg bell for the 1st time. 3 weeks ago this was not even a possibility.

One of my favorite showout-ism words is FOCUS. If you have ever been in a class that I coach you know I use this word quite often. This quote could not be more appropriate for Team Crush It as well as for myself. A big focus for me write now is to make the changes I mapped out for this year, specifically with my career. I have not been this motivated in a long time to empower others and lead by example. I have truly found my niche with coaching at CrossFit Central and leading a new wave of outdoor training with our Relentless Boot Camps.

Today in our meeting Carey was telling us about a recent conference she attended and Jeremy anchored in her weekend recap. In a nutshell, knowing your purpose is vital with leading a fulfilling life. I have been given the opportunity to coach at CrossFit Central, and I know, without a doubt, this is exactly where I belong. I go to bed each night fulfilled, overwhelmed, excited, determined...the list goes on with every array of emotion; however, I could not be happier. I am 29 years-old and doing exactly what I should be doing with my life. I know people well into their fifties that could only wish to say the same. In January I set out to make some big changes in my life and that is what I am FOCUSing on this very moment. Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment