Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Renewal

(Me & my sister at Ignite A Dream Fashion Show)

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up. - Pearl Buck

Webster's dictionary defines extrovert as: one who's personality is characterized by extroversion; broadly, a gregarious and unreserved person.

People that know me, know that I am extroverted to the max. I am outgoing and love to have fun; I am most energized by being around others. I don't mind being in a room full of people I do not know, because I know it's the perfect opportunity for me to meet someone new. The thought of showing up somewhere alone is entertaining and turns into a game for me to see how many people I can meet. In a nutshell, being a Showout encompasses every aspect of an extrovert.

However...the quote above is also a huge part my makeup. It is the moments (like this very moment) when I can just be. Be alone. Be self-sufficient. Be quiet. No noise. No one needing me. No questions. No one to entertain. No one to cheer up. No one to listen to. Nothing. Just be.

I am thankful I have learned to embrace this other side of who I am instead of fighting it. Moments alone give me the renewal, I never I thought I needed, to be the sister/daughter/coach/friend I always want to be for everyone.

How do you renew yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment