Thursday, June 17, 2010

Crush It

Norma & Jesse crushing it in the Tu/Th 6pm Dick Nichols class

"Your ability to learn faster than your competition is your only sustainable competitive advantage." -Arie De Gues

I still remember the meeting I had with Julie Ward at her house after boot camp one day in March. I was seeking advice/guidance/help in all forms of fashion to take Relentless Outdoor classes from Good to Great. I have this innate quality that comes out when I am doing what I love that makes me want to crush competition. She brainstormed with me on legitimate growth goals, potential new locations for classes, dynamics of a new coach, new competitions/challenges, marketing ideas....the list goes on.

Needless to say one of my top 3 career goals this year is to lead the troops in making Relentless a household name for outdoor class (boot camps) in Austin, TX. Since then I have been working with an amazing, motivated group of coaches to take our Outdoor programs to a new level. Just this month we were ranked in the Top 3 in Rare magazine for the Rarest of Them All June 2010 issue. Check us out on page 58.

The newest event for this year is the Garage Gym Throwdown, which takes place on Saturday. I have had the opportunity to help plan this event along side Heather Reed & Jeremy Thiel and it's been a blast. I pinch myself sometimes to make sure my life is a reality, because I truly get to do what I love. Not only coach, but also help with organizing/implementing hard-core, fun outdoor events. I must admit, however, I have definitely been pushed out of my comfort zone in this capacity. Completely new territory.

I want to personally invite everyone in the CrossFit Central community, Austin, and neighboring cities to come out to the Garage Gym Throwdown this Saturday. The event kicks off at 9:00am and runs to 11:00. We will then head across the street to Abel's on the Lake for celebration.

I am looking for the #1 Spectator. Do you have it takes?

Top 5 Winning Ways to Spectate:

1) Wear your favorite team's colors

2) Use megaphones, streamers, & cowbells

3) Create a team to cheer/chant all the way through to the finish line

4) Make signs/banners

5) Show up EARLY and stay LATE!



No comments:

Post a Comment