Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weekend Recap

Me & my Dad before his 1st workout

Crazy CFC team chillin'

My brother (all black) finishing competing in the max Snatch workout

(chanting...SHOWDAD...SHOWDAD)

This past weekend was a test of strength, endurance, skill-sets, and mental toughness at Hell's Half Acre. I traveled to Ft. Worth as a spectator, sister, daughter, co-worker, and friend AND loved every minute of it. This year was quite different for me since I was not competing, but I enjoyed getting to cheer, support, and showout with all the other CrossFitters from across the southern states. (New show word...ShowRita).

My Dad competed in the Masters division. He has spent the past 6 months training for this weekend. I would get phone calls every other day, sometimes even daily, with him recapping his day's workouts, his plan of action for the week/month, and asking for some coaching tips with the CrossFit workouts. Unfortunately, his weekend ended earlier than planned due to a torn bicep in the 2nd max thruster workout. I do not tell him enough how proud I am to have such a solid, caring, loving male-figure in my life. He did a helluva job...not many 54 yr. old men can say they did what he did. For that, I am so PROUD!! My favorite part of the weekend was my mom, sister, and I cheering SHOWDAD..SHOWDAD...SHOWDAD...SHOWDAD.

I also got to cheer on my younger brother who trains at Grapevine CrossFit. There is nothing more fulfilling than cheering for your family and witnessing hard-work pay off in killer workouts. ShowBro-- You did an amazing job this past weekend!

A big CONGRATULATIONS to the Double C's. As many of you already know, our Affiliate Team took 1st place and Jen Cardella (3rd place) and Jess Sharratt (4th place) are advancing to the 2010 Games. hoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLer!!! I train and work at the best box in the world! Not too many people can say that. Nice work bad-ass CrossFit Central team. I must say that my 2nd favorite part of the weekend was watching Lisa Thiel perform 10 perfect muscle-ups in the final workout with having only completed 1 two days prior. Now that is impressive.

After a long weekend in the sun and convinced that I was sun poisoned, my Sun Goddess status has returned. I no longer feel poisoned by the 100+ temps all weekend. Life is good. Can your weekend top my weekend?

3, 2, 1 SHOWOUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment